Spot Removal Tips – Alcohol
Follow these steps in order to remove the Alcohol spill:
* In order to prevent the spill from becoming a permanent stain, Act Quickly.
* Blot any liquids with a clean white towel. Scrape any solids with a dull spoon.
* Do Not scrub the carpet. This may cause damage to the carpet fibers.
* Pretest any spot removal agent in an inconspicuous area for color transfer or damage. If color transfer or damage is present, don’t use that solution.
* Never use any product which contains bleach.
* Never use any of the spot removal agents in concentrations stronger than those recommended.
* When using lacquer thinner, nail polish remover, or a dry cleaning solvent, never apply directly to the carpet. Apply it to a white towel and then blot it on the spill. Use caution when using these products, and follow the manufacturer instructions.
1. Blot with white towel or non printed-paper towel to remove excess
2. Mix 1/4-teaspoon mild (non bleach containing) detergent to one cup of warm water
3. Apply to spot, rub gently in one direction at a time using white terry towel, or non printed-paper towel
4. Blot clean with white towel or non printed-paper towel and warm water
5. Repeat steps 2-4 no more than 3 times as necessary
6. Mix 1/4 cup white vinegar with 1/2 cup cold water and apply to spot
7. Blot dry with white towel